jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Unsaved Changes not visible to xpath queries
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 14:05:23 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 14:58, mericet<nick.jerram@googlemail.com> wrote:
> When I make changes to a Jackrabbit JCR repository using node.addNode(), I
> can retrieve the newly created node with node.getNode(), or
> session.getItem().
>
> But when I use an XPath query to retrieve the node, it fails to find it
> until I save the session.

that's the behaviour that is specified in JSR 170. a query is executed
only against persisted (saved & committed) nodes.

JSR 283 is more open and allows an implementation to also take saved
but uncommitted changes into account or even transient changes that
are not yet saved.

Jackrabbit currently does not implement any of the above.

> The only xpath query to find it is the simple
> 'return everything' query //*
> but that's not very useful.

yeah, that's a special case. instead of actually executing a 'query'
it simply returns an iterator that walks the workspace tree. that also
includes transient changes.

> any ideas/suggestions will be welcome

create a JIRA issue and submit a patch :)

regards
 marcel