jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "BOWLER Paul" <Paul.Bow...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject RE: Newbie: PropertyType.REFERENCE
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 13:38:27 GMT
Clearly I am just really stupid then.

P.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Klimetschek [mailto:aklimets@day.com]
Sent: 02 July 2009 14:02
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Newbie: PropertyType.REFERENCE

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 10:26 AM, BOWLER
Paul<Paul.Bowler@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
> How can I now create another node elsewhere in my tree that references
this node? The documentation is not clear on this.

The JCR 1.0 spec talks about REFERENCE properties in section 4.7.2 [1]
and clearly points to the Node.setProperty(String, Node) method. The
(standard) methods for setting properties are all named setProperty(),
just with different arguments. The javadoc of that method says: "Sets
the specified (REFERENCE)property to refer to the specified Node."

What is that not clear about that?

[1]
http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/1.0/4.7.2_Reference,_Path_and_Name_Property
_Types.html