jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Start after shutdown repository
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 13:50:07 GMT

On 14 Jul 2009, at 13:39, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Hi,
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Daniel Sanchez<inadsan@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> ...I'm working with jackrabbit in a OSGi environment. Everything
>> works fine but
>> I need to start / stop the repository multiple times.
>> Is it possible to start the repository after calling shutdown?...
> I don't have an immediate answer, but Sling does that in its
> jackrabbit-server bundle, source code at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/bundles/jcr/jackrabbit-server/
> -Bertrand

I have managed to reload the jackrabbit-server bundle multiple times.
I have not managed (or tried to) explicitly start and stop the
Jackrabbit repository and IIRC, there are some static bindings that
*might* make it unadvisable.

I don't know if its a OSGi thing, or just my mistakes, but if I have
statics referenced from other bundles I find that reloading some
bundles can cause Sling to become partially un-responsive, at times
requiring a kill -9. I have a feeling that class-loaders may be being
held open? Sadly no hard evidence to support that feeling.

View raw message