jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: NPE on scan
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:08:35 GMT
Hi,

> I don't understand the difference between PersitenceManager and DataStore.
>
> Perhaps PersitenceManager are for all content repository, and DataStore only
> for big objects ?

Yes, exactly. I have updated the wiki pages:

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ
"The PM is an *internal* Jackrabbit component that handle the
persistent storage of content nodes and properties. Property values
are also stored in the persistence manager, with the exception of
large binary values (those are usually kept in the DataStore)."

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore
"The data store is used to store large binary values."

Regards,
Thomas