jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MaxDB PersistenceManager?
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:48:48 GMT
hi kristian

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Kristian Rink<kawazu@zimmer428.net> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> just wondering whether, so far, anyone tried (and eventually succeed?) using
> SAP MaxDB as an rdbms backend for doing jackrabbit persistence? So far, I
> roughly tried playing around with SimpleDbPersistenceManager and
> BundlePersistenceManager, it seems connecting to the DBMS using the provided
> JDBC driver generally works but I reproducibly end up with exceptions like
> this being thrown:
>

> Caused by: com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.DatabaseException: [-4006] (at
> 57): Unknown domain name:VARBINARY
>        at
> [...]
>        at
> com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.StatementSapDB.executeUpdate(StatementSapDB.java:396)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DatabasePersistenceManager.checkSchema(DatabasePersistenceManager.java:1026)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DatabasePersistenceManager.init(DatabasePersistenceManager.java:211)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createPersistenceManager(RepositoryImpl.java:1288)
>        ... 22 more
>

> with the exact error message varying depending upon the SQL mode I choose to
> be used with MaxDB. Though I generally know what this error means, I am
> unsure what is the best strategy to deal with it... using another dbms is
> not really what I would like to do, actually. ;)

MaxDB specific ddl files have been committed in trunk just recently:

there's no ddl file for bundle db pm. you'll have to use
SimpleDbPersistenceManager. make sure you specify
the correct schema ddl in your persistence manager config,
i.e.

	<param name="schema" value="maxdb" />

if you're not using trunk, you can get the JCR-1527 patch jar file
and add it to your classpath.

cheers
stefan