jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject PrincipalManager question.
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 12:47:11 GMT
Hi,
I have 1 quick question.

If I want to determine if the an Authorizable has a Principal
(presumably witht the PrincipalManager), is there a way of doing this
with the DefaultSecurityManager in JR15 and later, other than
iterating through all the possible principals and searching for a match.
We have uses that have a lot of principals, and getting them and
iterating is inefficient (IMHO), I would like to be able to perform a
search

eg
/**
  * @param myPrincipal the principal to be checked
  * @param candidatePrincipal the principal that we are checking to
see if myPrincipal has
  * @retrun true if myPrincipal has candidatePrincipal, false otherwise
  */
boolean principalManager.hasPrincipal(Principal myPrincipal, Principal
candidatePrincipal)

Ideally I would like that to propagate through to the
PrincipalProviders as this is really an search query that could be
expensive.

Is there a way of achinving this *without* changing anyhing inside
JR15 ?

Ian