jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/jcr/Repository
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 07:27:35 GMT
What classloader environment are you running in ? OSGi ?

NoClassDefFoundError means that the Class was found but the byte array
associated with the class could not be loaded (hence no definition).
If the class is not in your classpath, then you will normally get a

The only time I have seen a NoClassDefFoundError is
a) when the jar is corrupt or
b) in OSGi where there is no bundle import (in the manifest)  on the
package in question.

OSGi classloaders apply rules to finding and loading classes, you may
be in an environment with similar rules.

On 21 Jul 2009, at 08:17, simer anand wrote:

> ya
> but i do have have jcr-1.0.jar in my classpath
> and javax/jcr/respository.class is within it

View raw message