jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Performance query
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 13:13:03 GMT

> This is because the path is not indexed, so if there is a path
> location step in the query, the query execution has to additionally
> access the repository to filter out results inside that path.

It is actually done within the lucene indexes (which is technically
part of the repository but I think you mean something else, like
database access :-)) ), but it gets really expensive for lots of
results. There is no database access for filtering the path or
something. There is a hierarchical child axis query within the lucene
indexes that is just quite expensive.

Regards