jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From go canal <goca...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: error when trying to re-register custom node type (using springmodule)
Date Sat, 25 Jul 2009 01:07:27 GMT
hi alex,
thanks for confirming. I may just add the check to the springmodule code; or as you suggested,
add my own registration code.

I saw msg saying that there is a new spring jcr extension, which suppose to replace jcr spring
module. have not checked that new extension if it is bettter.

 rgds,
canal

________________________________
From: Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com>
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 6:17:02 PM
Subject: Re: error when trying to re-register custom node type (using  springmodule)

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 4:17 AM, go canal<gocanal@yahoo.com> wrote:
> trying my luck here again....i know it should be anwsered by spring team...
> I posted to the fpring forum but have not heard any
> http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=75217
>
> basically I configured CND and first time registration is successful. but if I restart
my web application, I got error msg:

> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.InvalidNodeTyp  eDefException: {http://canal.net/canal}canalFile
already exists

> I suspect that spring module does not check this exception... and it seems that it is
a known issue, not resolved: http://jira.springframework.org/browse/MOD-470

Yes, it came up once and I remember looking at the sping jcr module
code and saw that it does not check for that case, ie. does not
properly catch this exception and log an info like "nodetype xy is
already registered" or something.

> Or do I have to handle the registration in my own code during init ? I think it can be
done, but I prefer configuration over coding  for this type of tasks.....

Well, you can provide a fix for the spring jcr module, but if that
process is too slow (I would guess so, the project doesn't seem very
active to me), you will have to do the registration yourself. Which is
not difficult:

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/node-types.html

Regards,
Alex