jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kristian Rink <kaw...@zimmer428.net>
Subject MaxDB PersistenceManager?
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:23:05 GMT
Folks,

just wondering whether, so far, anyone tried (and eventually succeed?) using
SAP MaxDB as an rdbms backend for doing jackrabbit persistence? So far, I
roughly tried playing around with SimpleDbPersistenceManager and
BundlePersistenceManager, it seems connecting to the DBMS using the provided
JDBC driver generally works but I reproducibly end up with exceptions like
this being thrown:

Caused by: com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.DatabaseException: [-4006] (at
57): Unknown domain name:VARBINARY
        at
[...]
        at
com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.StatementSapDB.executeUpdate(StatementSapDB.java:396)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DatabasePersistenceManager.checkSchema(DatabasePersistenceManager.java:1026)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DatabasePersistenceManager.init(DatabasePersistenceManager.java:211)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createPersistenceManager(RepositoryImpl.java:1288)
        ... 22 more

with the exact error message varying depending upon the SQL mode I choose to
be used with MaxDB. Though I generally know what this error means, I am
unsure what is the best strategy to deal with it... using another dbms is
not really what I would like to do, actually. ;)

TIA for any comments...
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink