jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Wulf Rowek | THESISdigital <ro...@thesisdigital.de>
Subject Re: Restore deleted node
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 12:33:34 GMT
Hi Matt,

thanks for your detailed answer.
My intention for deleting nodes is, that i don't want to deal with them
after removing. You always have to check on your "deleted"-flag, either
on node- or querylevel.

For the moment i implemented a workaround like you suggested, only that
i use something like a trash where i just move my node, i like to delete.

But still, I think this is nothing more like a workaround and should
achieved with node.remove and and workspace.restore or something similar
and not with session.move or node.hasProperty

 > Since the support for final deletion of a node is not in there (yet)
What do you mean by this?

Do you mean that the JCR-Specs doesn't define the removing of the
version history at all and instead only the removing of partial versions?

mattcasters@gmail.com schrieb:
> Since the support for final deletion of a node is not in there (yet), why would you even
try to delete it?
> The way I solved is with a simple "deleted" property on the nodes.
> I then simply ignore nodes where this property is set to true (in my application).
> Restoring is then simply a matter or setting the property back to false.
> You can then either create a bin or allow certain users to view/restore deleted items.
> When permanent deletion of nodes arrives (1.6/2.0?) I'll create an administration option
to purge deleted object permanently.
> Cheers,
> Matt
> Matt Casters
> Chief Data Integration
> Pentaho : The Commercial Open Source Alternative for Business Intelligence
> On Monday 20 July 2009 13:58:32 Wulf Rowek | THESISdigital wrote:
>> Hi,
>> i've asked this already in another thread, but I think it is better to
>> open an own one.
>> It looks like it is not the intention of the version system (at least in
>> the the meaning of jcr-170), but maybe (hopefully) i'm wrong:
>> is it possible to restore a deleted versioned node? I cannot understand
>> why it should not, because all information (except the former path) is
>> contained in the version history.
>> Is there any simple method like workspace.restore(String uuid, String
>> pathToRestoreNode)?
>> I will appreciate any comment to this.
>> regards,
>> Wulf