jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kristian Rink <kaw...@zimmer428.net>
Subject Re: deployment to Geronimo 2.1?
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 06:24:43 GMT
Alexander Klimetschek schrieb:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Kristian Rink<kawazu@zimmer428.net> wrote:
>> It does, but this way I don't have any of the features provided by
>> jackrabbit-webapp running in my container... Note that the howto (same
>> as most of the other documentation relating to this) refer to dumping
>> jackrabbit .jar files to the servlet container; I couldn't in there
>> find any reference to the jackrabbit-webapp .war deployment... Or am I
>> completely missing something here? :o
>
> AFAIK it should work with the war as well.

Not sure about that:

- Just having the .war file deployed and adding the configuration entries to
server.xml and context.xml according to [1] ends up in an exception while
starting the container:

[...]
10.07.2009 08:22:14
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener createMBeans
SCHWERWIEGEND: Exception processing Global JNDI Resources
javax.naming.NamingException: Could not load resource factory class [Root
exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepositoryFactory]
        at
org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFactory.java:81)
        at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)
[...]

- Having both jackrabbit components in lib/, the configuration entries in
server.xml and context.xml _and_ the war package deployed to the container
results in the webapp context on startup complaining that the repository is
already locked...

Cheers,
Kristian

[1]http://jackrabbit.apache.org/shared-j2ee-resource-howto.html