jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Harri T." <haba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recovering repository (or combining two repositories)
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 21:17:30 GMT
On 02.07.2009 00:36 Alexander Klimetschek wrote:

> I'd suggest you'd upgrade to the newest Jackrabbit (1.5.x) and use a
> bundle database persistence manager + the data store for binary data
> (I just noted it was introduced with 1.4, so you couldn't be using it
> ;-)).

Does this help now, when I already have those too "old fashioned"
repositories? I mean... can I merge them after taking data stores in use?

Jackrabbit Standalone 1.5 seems to be backwards compatible with 1.3.1
repository. Can I merge two repositories by running two different JCRs
and implementing a Java application for merge operation?

|/*
java -jar jackrabbit-standalone-1.5.5.jar -p 8080 -r
snapshots/jackrabbit.current
java -jar jackrabbit-standalone-1.5.5.jar -p 8081 -r
snapshots/jackrabbit.old
*/

    Repository dstRepository = new
URLRemoteRepository("http://localhost:8080/rmi");
URLRemoteRepository("http://localhost:8081/rmi");
||    //TODO: Traverse recursively through the source repository and add
nodes to the destination repository.
}

|?

-Harri