jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Wallace ...@rwmotloc.com>
Subject Periodic sync of journal failed: Unable to return record iterater.
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 21:53:45 GMT
Hi all...

I am running a pretty much inefficiently operation but I have not a lot
of choice, the operation is coded like that in a package I can't modify
for complex reasons.

Anyways, the operation pretty much:

1 - creates a jackrabbit session
2 - tries to retrieve a document
3 l logs out of the session

It is done in a loop to determine if i can find the documents and make
sure that another part of the app that has the document registered, can
find the corresponding document.

While doing it, i get a lot of the following:

 [org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.ClusterNode:277] Periodic sync of
journal failed: Unable to return record iterater.

I was also running out of db connections while running this, but I upped
the max-connections setting in MySql and I don't get it any more...  The
loop runs this 300 times, but I have 1000 connections, so I don't run
out of them. Something was not releasing the connections in time in
Jackrabbit...     This problem gone, I still get the above one every
time i runn the loop...  I know the connections are not idle o

I am running Jackrabbit 1.4

Any clues as to why this is happenning?, how to prevent it? Does it have
any impact?