jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From amjedonline <amjedonl...@gmail.com>
Subject Integrating the Spring Authorization with Jackrabbit ?
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 13:50:29 GMT

Hi Angela,
We are using Jackrabbit in our web application which uses spring
authentication.
I want to integrate Jackrabbit Authentication with our Spring
Authentication.

1.During login, user is authenticated with the spring security framework.
2.Presently we are trying DefaultSecurityManager, in which user is
authenticated with the user principals stored in the jackrabbit repository.
3. I want jackrabbit to use the user, password stored in the database while
authenticating. This will chuck out the overhead of reconciling the user
credential changes in the database to the Jackrabbit and viceversa, in
addition it definite looks like a ugly design.

How can i achieve this ??

My approach :
1. Implement UserManager (Like UserManagerImpl ), say MyUserManagerImpl to
fetch the users & groups from database and serve the authorizables.

2. Implement CompiledPermissions (Like CompiledPermissionsImpl ), lets say
MyCompiledPermissions and use User objects rather than the NodeImpl userNode
to identify the principals.

3. Implement the SecurityManager (Like DefaultSecurityManager) that uses
MyUserManagerImpl rather than UserManagerImpl
4. Use MySecurityManager as security manager class in the xml configuration.

5. Implement AbstractAccessControlProvider (like UserAccessControlProvider
), lets say MyAccessControlProvider that sets  MyCompiledPermissionsImpl to
compiledPermissionsImpl

6. Add an entry to <AccessControlProvider> in the xml config file

Please let me know you opinion on this ?
Am i going right ? or is it a cleaner solution to this ?