jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Gadbury <gadb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: User Managed Transactions...
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 19:16:53 GMT

Hi again all.

I have been trying to get javax.transaction.UserTransaction working by JNDI
lookup.  I use Eclipse Galileo and Tomcat 6.0.  I am trying trying retreive
a UserTransaction as follows  (I have tried both):

UserTransaction utx = new
InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/UserTransaction");

UserTransaction utx = new
InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env/UserTransaction");

However, an exception is thrown stating that I must setup a system or
environment property, or the application context.  Do I need to configure
the resource and / or environment elements in context.xml?  For example, the
resource configuration:

<context>
<Resource name="UserTransaction" auth="Container"
    type="javax.transaction.UserTransaction"/>
  <ResourceParams name="UserTransaction">
    <parameter>
      <name>factory</name>
      <value>org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>jotm.timeout</name>
      <value>60</value>
    </parameter>
  </ResourceParams>
</context>

Does Tomcat 6.0 support UserTransaction by JNDI, or do I need to use another
technology such as JOTM or Jencks?  Ideally I wouldn't have to install and
configure one of the other technologies.

Thanks for reading.  Kind regards,

James