jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From daveg0 <bagel10002...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Serious problem with repository - Urgent Help required
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 07:08:37 GMT

Hi Alex,

Many thanks for your response, it fixed the problem. I was extremely
concerned about the resilience of the repository and still am a little.

We have a repository with nodes stored in MySQL with external blobs on the
file system. All of this is stored on a SAN, so we are hoping it will be
reliable. Do you think the repository can always be recovered in this way
(either forcing a fix on the MySQL database and rebuilding indexes) as long
as the MYSQL database is accessible.

What would be a possible backup strategy for a setup like this - we will
have an off-site "copy" of the SAN that is being replicated to via MySQL and
the indexes and blobs are rsynced regularly- should that be enough or could
we end up with a situation where a corrupt database gets replicated to the
backup system and we are in big trouble?

I guess my question is - Can the respository always be recovered from the
MySQL database if it is accessible and the blobs are available?

We are expecting to have hundreds of thousands of Nodes in the system in
full production, does this sound acceptable? I am really trying to regain
confidence in the future as we have invested the future of our CMS in JCR
and need to know we have chosen the right product to build upon,

regards

Dave

regards

Dave