jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From daveg0 <bagel10002...@googlemail.com>
Subject Serious problem with repository - Urgent Help required
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:07:43 GMT

Hi,

Somehow my repository got corrupted and I started to get exceptions such as:

failed to build path of 8522e60c-422b-43b8-9391-5146bd274298:
23638bf1-ebb7-46ae-853c-9667b39ad458 has no child entry for
8522e60c-422b-43b8-9391-5146bd274298

I tried to rebuild the indexes by shutting down the respository and removing

workspace/default/index
repository/index

and restarting the respository to rebuild the indexes with
consistencyCheck=true, forceConsistencyCheck=true etc in repository.xml

However it gets so far and then gives the Exception:
Caused by: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Error indexing workspace: Error
indexing workspace: Error indexing workspace
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.initializeQueryHandler(SearchManager.java:555)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.<init>(SearchManager.java:239)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl$WorkspaceInfo.getSearchManager(RepositoryImpl.java:1761)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initWorkspace(RepositoryImpl.java:667)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initStartupWorkspaces(RepositoryImpl.java:480)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:321)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:618)
        at
org.springmodules.jcr.jackrabbit.RepositoryFactoryBean.createRepository(RepositoryFactoryBean.java:57)
        at
org.springmodules.jcr.RepositoryFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(RepositoryFactoryBean.java:57)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1390)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1359)
        ... 38 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Error indexing workspace
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.MultiIndex.createInitialIndex(MultiIndex.java:394)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex.doInit(SearchIndex.java:465)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.AbstractQueryHandler.init(AbstractQueryHandler.java:59)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.initializeQueryHandler(SearchManager.java:553)
        ... 48 more
Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.NoSuchItemStateException:
80c25f39-9143-4174-a4be-91822a114c7c
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.getItemState(SharedItemStateManager.java:270)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.MultiIndex.createIndex(MultiIndex.java:1060)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.MultiIndex.createIndex(MultiIndex.java:1066)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.MultiIndex.createIndex(MultiIndex.java:1066)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.MultiIndex.createIndex(MultiIndex.java:1066)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.MultiIndex.createIndex(MultiIndex.java:1066)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.MultiIndex.createIndex(MultiIndex.java:1066)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.MultiIndex.createIndex(MultiIndex.java:1066)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.MultiIndex.createInitialIndex(MultiIndex.java:389)
        ... 51 more

I am really nervous about this as I fear the worst that my repository is
totally broken. We are just about to go live and it makes me really fearful
that this may happen when we have hundreds of thousands of nodes in the
repository.

I have nodes in the MySQL database, but it is impossible for me to see what
is going on in there in an attempt to do any tracing of the problem. Any
ideas and ways to fix this? Have I done something wrong in rebuilding
indexes, where is the documentation on this and how can I ensure this will
NEVER happen again or if it does, I can recover

regards

Dave Gough