jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From mattcast...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Restore deleted node
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 13:04:38 GMT

C├ędric wrote a few days ago:

>As of 1.6, empty and unused VersionHistory will be automatically removed
 >after removal of the last Version (see
 >https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-134).
 >This will ensure that the disk usage will not grow unnecessarily.

As the lead developer of another rather large open source project I always like to think it's
more constructive to work with the possibilities, rather than the impossibilities.
With that attitude it still makes sense to have a debate on whether or not Jackrabbit acts
according to the JCR-specs, but it wouldn't block you from creating a solution that works.

Cheers,
Matt

Matt Casters
Chief Data Integration
Pentaho : The Commercial Open Source Alternative for Business Intelligence

On Monday 20 July 2009 14:33:34 Wulf Rowek | THESISdigital wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> thanks for your detailed answer.
> My intention for deleting nodes is, that i don't want to deal with them
> after removing. You always have to check on your "deleted"-flag, either
> on node- or querylevel.
>
> For the moment i implemented a workaround like you suggested, only that
> i use something like a trash where i just move my node, i like to delete.
>
> But still, I think this is nothing more like a workaround and should
> achieved with node.remove and and workspace.restore or something similar
> and not with session.move or node.hasProperty
>
>  > Since the support for final deletion of a node is not in there (yet)
> What do you mean by this?
>
> Do you mean that the JCR-Specs doesn't define the removing of the
> version history at all and instead only the removing of partial versions?
>
> regards,
>
> wulf
>

> mattcasters@gmail.com schrieb:
> > Since the support for final deletion of a node is not in there (yet), why would
you even try to delete it?
> > The way I solved is with a simple "deleted" property on the nodes.
> > I then simply ignore nodes where this property is set to true (in my application).
> > Restoring is then simply a matter or setting the property back to false.
> > You can then either create a bin or allow certain users to view/restore deleted
items.

> > When permanent deletion of nodes arrives (1.6/2.0?) I'll create an administration
option to purge deleted object permanently.