jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From mattcast...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Restore deleted node
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 12:08:48 GMT

Since the support for final deletion of a node is not in there (yet), why would you even try
to delete it?
The way I solved is with a simple "deleted" property on the nodes.
I then simply ignore nodes where this property is set to true (in my application).
Restoring is then simply a matter or setting the property back to false.
You can then either create a bin or allow certain users to view/restore deleted items.

When permanent deletion of nodes arrives (1.6/2.0?) I'll create an administration option to
purge deleted object permanently.

Cheers,
Matt

Matt Casters
Chief Data Integration
Pentaho : The Commercial Open Source Alternative for Business Intelligence