jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Hervé Agnoux <herve.agn...@diaam-informatique.com>
Subject Re: Repository for nomades ?
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 14:46:22 GMT
Le jeudi 09 juillet 2009, Alexander Klimetschek a écrit :

> I agree that such a framework would be really cool. Maybe it could be
> more easily implemented if one creates a special persistence manager
> that runs for the user workspaces on the central server and actually
> fetches the data from the client, where another, local persistence
> manager access the same data. Upon sync, the local one would have to
> be temporarily stopped, the one on the server is started, accesses the
> data remotely and then the JCR workspace merge operations are used to
> sync the data. (Maybe the persistence managers have to be the other
> way around, ie. the remote pm is actually running on the client side,
> which works better in terms of routers/firewalls).

Yes, I see something like that.

I look at Sling, but I don't see any dialog between some temporaries
repository and a central one, or some concepts like that.

Do you know if sling is a good approche, or if it is better to start with
JackrabbitRepositoryServlet ?

Also, I need something like a journal, to register the changes offline. I have
seen something like that in jackrabbit with clusters. I understand that
clusters is not a good approch, but do you think only the journal is
intersting ?

And also something like a proxy repository, or a mirror repository, I suppose.

mmmm...... very interesting.