jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kristian Rink <kaw...@zimmer428.net>
Subject Re: deployment to Geronimo 2.1?
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 11:49:24 GMT
Am Thu, 9 Jul 2009 12:53:41 +0200
schrieb Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com>:

> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Kristian Rink<kawazu@zimmer428.net>
> wrote:
> > So... is there some way of setting things up to have both - a
> > globally registered repository (and be that in tomcat as a start)
> > _and_ the additional features provided by jackrabbit webapp? Any
> > documentation on that I missed so far?
>
> The jackrabbit-webapp registers the repository under JNDI under
> "jcr/repository".

Does it register a global JNDI repository or just one for the
jackrabbit-webapp context? Reading ...

http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit/local.jsp

I see something like

"[...]
By default the repository is only made available in a dummy JNDI
directory local to this web application. However, you can make the
repository globally available if your servlet container allows a web
application to modify the global JNDI directory or you are using some
other JNDI directory that can manage unserializable Java objects.
[...]"

which is why I came across this question initially. as my
~/jackrabbit/bootstrap.properties consequently has set something like

java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.provider.DummyInitialContextFactory

which seems to fit that explanation...

Cheers,
Kristian