jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kristian Rink <kaw...@zimmer428.net>
Subject Re: deployment to Geronimo 2.1?
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 09:50:39 GMT
Hi Alexander, *;

and first off, thanks for your pointer on that...

Am Mon, 6 Jul 2009 22:43:58 +0200
schrieb Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com>:
[...]
> The jcr-1.0.jar must be in the directory for jars that are shared by
> all webapplications (don't know where this is on Geronimo). The reason
> for this separation is that you typically want to access the
> repository from different webapplications - or simply your
> webapplication is accessing the repository contained within the
> jackrabbit webapplication. Therefore the JCR API which is in the
> jcr-1.0.jar must be shared by all.

This way, at the very least I managed to deploy and run the
jackrabbit .war file on Geronimo 2.1. Good. :) However in some aspects
integration of jackrabbit with some arbitrary application server, even
after looking through the wiki resources, seems kind of "black art" to
me:

- On one side, given my client application is likely to run in the same
  container the jackrabbit does, of course I'd like to "locally"
  connect to the application server using a "Local repository access".
  Using the configuration outline for tomcat, I successfully managed to
  get this set-up working in a tomcat 6.0 container.

- On the other side however, I see that this way I am "missing" all the
  "additional" features provided by jackrabbit webapp (especially WebDAV
  and HTTP "browse" functionality which is pretty nice at the very
  least for debugging purposes).

So... is there some way of setting things up to have both - a globally
registered repository (and be that in tomcat as a start) _and_ the
additional features provided by jackrabbit webapp? Any documentation on
that I missed so far?

TIA and all the best,
Kristian