jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Juan Pereyra <juan.pere...@globant.com>
Subject Query results ordered by path
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:58:10 GMT
Hi guys,

A quick question for you. We were using path elements to describe the names of some of our
nodes, for instance, we have a category tree which is directly mapped to a subtree in the
repository. However, we are facing the need to retrieve categories ordered by name, that is,
by path. We haven't explicitly set a separante name property, since every rename operation
is for us, a move operation. The problem is, we cannot "order by" path, since it's a pseudo-property,
we are also using OCM and I was trying to solve the problem using SQL queries, which are not
supported by OCM, afaik. So, is it possible to get results ordered by paths? orderable children
might help? Any other advice is more than welcome. The categories are not that much of a problem,
we could order them in our up without too much hassle, but there are other types of entities
which should be paginated and so on...

Many thanks!
Juan