jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Juan Pereyra <juan.pere...@globant.com>
Subject Re: OCM Node Definitions
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 13:14:56 GMT
Ok, thanks guys. I just thought that the OCM would use the annotations data to sort of generate
a CND on the fly and apply it to the repository. It's much clearer now.

Thanks!
Juan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lombart@gmail.com>
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2009 6:59:12 AM GMT -03:00 Argentina
Subject: Re: OCM Node Definitions

> So, summarizing, is it possible to load namespace definitions without the
> CND or an XML? just with annotations? Everything that's needed seems to be
> there already.

If you map some java classes to custom jcr node types, you have to register
those types into your repository with CND or XML JCR type def.

OCM Annotations (or the OCM xml mapping file) are just there to describe how
to map your java classes into JCR node types. This is not possible to load
new JCR node types or namespace with the OCM annotations (or the OCM xml
mapping file).

Let me know if you need more info.

Christophe