jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Vijay Pandey <VPan...@mdes.ms.gov>
Subject RE: User Managed Transactions...
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 19:27:37 GMT
You might want to take a look at this

along with this

-----Original Message-----
From: Gadbury [mailto:gadbury@googlemail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 2:17 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: User Managed Transactions...

Hi again all.

I have been trying to get javax.transaction.UserTransaction working by JNDI
lookup.  I use Eclipse Galileo and Tomcat 6.0.  I am trying trying retreive
a UserTransaction as follows  (I have tried both):

UserTransaction utx = new

UserTransaction utx = new

However, an exception is thrown stating that I must setup a system or
environment property, or the application context.  Do I need to configure
the resource and / or environment elements in context.xml?  For example, the
resource configuration:

<Resource name="UserTransaction" auth="Container"
  <ResourceParams name="UserTransaction">

Does Tomcat 6.0 support UserTransaction by JNDI, or do I need to use another
technology such as JOTM or Jencks?  Ideally I wouldn't have to install and
configure one of the other technologies.

Thanks for reading.  Kind regards,