jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Vijay Pandey <VPan...@mdes.ms.gov>
Subject RE: User Managed Transactions...
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:22:44 GMT
JCR (http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr170/index.html) is
the spec (99% java interfaces, may be few abstract/final classes along with
exceptions -- that’s what spec is all about -- it doesn’t provide any
implementation) while JackRabbit is one of its implementation. So when you
are using Jackrabbit -- you should be fine with UUID's (the way you are
using it) as mentioned by Alex. If you think you will be replacing
Jackrabbit in future with some other JCR implementation then you need to be
careful while using the additional/advances features from that
implementation, in your case Jackrabbit.

Thanks
Vijay
-----Original Message-----
From: Gadbury [mailto:gadbury@googlemail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 11:06 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: User Managed Transactions...

Thank you for the clarification Alex, and for adding the info to the Wiki.

I am using Jackrabbit 1.4 - does it still apply?

When you mention 'in Jackrabbit', do you mean when using Jackrabbit
implementations such as org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl and
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl , rather than the core JCR?

I must admit the only Jackrabbit I am currently using is the configuration,
registration of custom node types and registration / unregistration of the
repository in JNDI.

Should I be replacing all of my JCR with Jackrabbit?  I'd like to be sure
that I am using Jackrabbit to ensure UUIDs are already assigned when the
node is created and don't change upon save.

Can JCR and Jackrabbit be interchanged?  i.e. could I use a Jackrabbit
PropertyImpl with a JCR Node?

Sorry for the silly questions!

Kind regards,

James