jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Nitin Gupta" <nitin....@srishtitechnet.com>
Subject Files Management
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 07:59:04 GMT
Hi all,

I am working on a WAP/WEB application which is required to save user's
uploaded pictures, videos & documents. I am new to files handling. So
request you all to please suggest me what can work best for me. I am using
Tomcat web server. My only purpose is to store and retrieve the files on
user's demand & nothing else.

Currently I am making use of RDBMS to keep the binary content. But this
approach may have performance limitations in production environment. So I
was contemplating JCR based solution for this where I can get best of both
worlds i.e. RDBMS for meta data (which I am already maintaining in my
schema) & file storage (which Jackrabbit can manage for me).

If my thoughts are correct then please guide me to internet resources where
I can learn how to configure Jackrabbit to serve my purpose & what
combination of PM and Data Store will be best for me.

Regards,
nitin