jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Migrating a 15GB blob store to DataStore backed deployment
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 08:57:20 GMT
Hi all,

We have a 15GB legacy JackRabbit repository currently putting Blobs in the
database (MySql). This is causing the usual pain around a) bloated database
backups, b) huge amounts of temporary files created due to Blob caching, c)
lots of db IO and d) lots of lock contention (due to the IO).

We therefore want to migrate this to a DataStore backed installation.

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore mentions that:

"Migration: currently there is no special mechanism to migrate data from a
blob store to a data store. The only known way to convert is to export the
data, and re-import into a new repository."

.however a 15GB xml file is infeasible to import using "importxml" due to
the memory requirements e.g. it seems to parse the XML in memory.

I'd appreciate any bright ideas on how to achieve the migration?

Thanks,

Shaun