jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Micah Whitacre <mkwhita...@gmail.com>
Subject JNDI Support and responding to JNDI Events
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 14:36:13 GMT
Hello All,
  I currently have a JEE application which uses a Jackrabbit
repository under the covers.  The repository resides in an Oracle
database and currently the connection to the database is through JDBC
URLs in the repository.xml.  I was presented with the requirement that
for security reasons the database connection password with need to be
changes with a regular frequency.  Changing the password will require
the JEE application to be taken down to notice the change in the
repository.xml.  In the interest of preventing regular downtime, I'm
looking at how I can accomplish this.
  JNDI seems like a possibility at accomplishing this by configuring
the repository.xml to pull its connections that way instead of putting
the JDBC strings directly in the xml file.  I saw that Oracle JNDI
support for the PersistenceManager[1] is available.  However the File
system seems to only support JNDI or Oracle but not both.  So based
off of this, I'd need to probably roll my own FileSystem that would
support both.  Is that correct?  JNDI
support is only part of the possible solution.  I'd also would need
the implementations to respond to JNDI events.[3]  It doesn't seem
like the code does this.  Looking through the ConnectionFactory, the
information is only read once.  Or am I missing something?

Note I'm currently based on Jackrabbit 1.4.6 and the JEE application
is hosted on Websphere Application Server.

Thanks for your help,
Micah

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-948
[2] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-942