jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Charles Brooking" <public+jackrab...@charlie.brooking.id.au>
Subject Re: WebDAV from Mac
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 04:45:12 GMT
Hi all

> I've had Jackrabbit run successfully with the Mac WebDAV client. Indeed,
> as I try it now, it works. So I'll need to dig deeper to discover the
> problem.

A month ago I wrote about how uploads from the Mac WebDAV client were
mysteriously resulting in 0 byte files. I've revisited this and discovered
that the problem occurs when using an Apache proxy.

The Mac client sends HTTP messages with a "Transfer-Encoding: Chunked"
header, but Apache expects "chunked" (lowercase) and decides it isn't
supported. To make Apache also handle "Chunked", you can use mod_headers:

  ProxyPass        / http://localhost:8080/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/
  RequestHeader edit Transfer-Encoding Chunked chunked early

(I think the Mac client is wrong here - although HTTP header names are
case-insensitive, I don't believe the same applies to header values. In
any case, this workaround is harmless.)

Hopefully this will help someone.

Later
Charlie