jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kurz Wolfgang <wolfgang.k...@gwvs.de>
Subject Binvalues stroed in the database even though i have configured a Datastore.
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 13:27:29 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am having a weird problem with storing blobs.

Even though I am using a datastore jackrabbit put lots of big blobs into the database which
I think it shouldn't have done.

<PersistenceManager class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager">
	<param name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@telisdb3:1521:mus0"/>
	<param name="user" value="jackrabbit"/>
	<param name="password" value="jazz21db"/>
	<param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
	<param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
</PersistenceManager>

If I only had this int my repository.xml I would think ok I have externalBlobs fales so it
sends the blobs into the database.

But since I configure a Datastore like this I thought it would put all the blobs that are
bigger than 100 bytes into the datastore.

<DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.FileDataStore">
    <param name="path" value="${rep.home}/../cluster/datastore"/>
    <param name="minRecordLength" value="100"/>
</DataStore>

Anyone have a hint for me why this happens?

Do I have to remove the externalBlob param even though I have a Datastore configured?

Thx a lot in advance!

Wolfgang