jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Should Lucene index file size reduce when items are deleted?
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 09:55:17 GMT
Hi Alex et al,
Noted on the performance comment which prompts the question:
 * what's the best way to monitor Lucene memory usage and performance to
determine bad queries or bloated indexes - in a MySql world you could use
Slow Query log?

And following up on the Lucene index size question.
* Is there a way to force Jackrabbit to clean up the Lucene indexes - assume
we're looking to consolidate disk space for example - rather than just
waiting for the nodes to merge?

For example:
* Is there a way to ask JackRabbit to call
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_2_0/api/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexWriter.
html#optimize()?
* If we delete the "index" directory will JackRabbit happily reconstruct a
consolidated index from scratch?

Some of the content in our JackRabbit repository is high volume and fairly
transient lasting only a few weeks before being deleted hence the index
question is more relevant for us.

Regards,
Shaun