jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Should Lucene index file size reduce when items are deleted?
Date Sun, 07 Jun 2009 14:01:41 GMT
Hi all,

We're running JackRabbit 1.4.5 at present.

Some of our larger workspaces have 200,000+ textual items which has resulted
in [workspace]/index directories in exceess of 750 meg.

After deleting 50,000+ textual items the index directory does not appear to
have changed in size which surprised us.

The underlying concern primarily is performance and keeping the licence
indexes small enough to fit in 100% in memory, disk space being a secondary
consideration.

When deleting say 25% of the items  should we expect the size of the Lucene
indexes to reduce by a similar amount?

Regards,

Shaun