jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From aasoj j <aas....@gmail.com>
Subject Scalability issues while storing large number of small properties
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 01:40:46 GMT
Hi,

I am a new jackrabbit user. We are using this repository for storing our
application's data. In doing so we are facing scalability issues.

Our application has a huge number of properties, around 1 million. These
properties are distributed in versionable jackrabbit nodes, each node having
around 50 properties and 15 children nodes. Each property has a unique 50
character long value. We use MySql for persistence.

While creating the tree our application crashed. The indexes grew to more
that 4.5 GB. Later when we tried to remove the root node, the indexes grew
to 15 GB and the application crashed again. As we plan to use search
functionality, we cannot disable indexes.

The actual data is around 100 MB. As jackrabbit is a content store, I am
sure it can support this data size. Please provide some pointers suggestion
to fix the problem.

Regards
aasoj