jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: multiple clients vs jackrabbit repository
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 14:43:49 GMT
On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 4:34 AM, Pedro Alondra <pedro.alondra@yahoo.es> wrote:
> In command line tool (that uses JDBC-based repository.xml) I can see only the workspaces
created by itself,
> I cannot see any workspaces that were created by webapp client (that uses JNDI-based
repository.xml).

> It seems that workspaces information is kept in repository directory, and if both clients
> don't share one directory, then they cannot see eachothers workspaces. If I define
> one shared repository directory, then workspace.xml is going to contain JNDI/JDBC configuration,
> that becomes irrelevant for one of the actors (JNDI vs JDBC).

This looks like you have actually to repositories, ie. two different
repository home directories.

The list of workspaces is defined by the list of subdirectories of
<repository-home>/workspaces (or whatever is set as "rootPath"
attribute on the <Workspaces /> element in repository.xml). Since each
workspace can use a completely different persistence manager, eg. you
could have one using some file-system based storage and another one
using a database, this information is stored in the filesystem and not
the database you happen to configure for the storage of one or more
workspaces.

Regards,
Alex

--