jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Node.getReferences() with offSet
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 13:07:17 GMT
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 2:32 PM, hsp_ <piccinatto@ibest.com.br> wrote:
> Ok, I am aware, but I need the references in my model.

You can use "soft" references, ie. string properties with node paths.
Your application will have to handle resolving those nodes manually
(no getNodes() available), but it has the big advantage that you can
move, export and import parts of your content without being blocked
because of temporarily unresolved references.

> hope the jackrabbit will be better in references in near future.

Don't expect that in the near future, because it depends on
Jackrabbit's internal storage architecture, which cannot be quickly
changed. Such an improvement is possible for a 3.0 release, which is
more than a year away. There were some ideas on the dev list about
that , if you are interested [1].

[1] http://jackrabbit.markmail.org/search/?q=ngp

Regards,
Alex