jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: modified externally: node / when deleting node
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 07:28:38 GMT
On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 11:57 PM, SalmasCM <salmas@criticalmass.com> wrote:
> I've found that my latest problem is because when I delete a node from the
> preview workspace and its clone from the default workspace, these deletes do
> not trigger a lucene index refresh.
> All works fine while the app is running, things are indexed fine, I can drop
> the nodes and reload as many times as I like but but if I stop my
> application server and restart and then do the deletes then the indexres are
> out of wack. However, if I stop the server and manually delete the indexes
> then I do not get these errors.
> Is there a way that I can programmatically make lucene reindex after the
> deletes?

The lucene index is automatically updated for all JCR operations,
including node removal. What makes you think that the index is not
updated? Please note that a node removal does not map to a simple file
or directory delete in the lucene index, it's somewhat complex. The
right way to test it is to run a search - after the delete, the node
should no longer appear in the results.

Regards,
Alex

--