jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: modified externally: node / when deleting node
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 10:23:18 GMT
On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 5:36 AM, SalmasCM <salmas@criticalmass.com> wrote:
> I get
>
> Item cannot be saved because it has been modified externally: node /
> javax.jcr.InvalidItemStateException: Item cannot be saved because it has
> been modified externally: node /
>
> This is the sequence of events.
>
> 1.  load data using the XML loading under topNodeA in preview workspace
> 2. I modify some of the data under topNodeA in preview workspace.
> 3. I save the session etc.
> 4. I clone the topNodeA and its subtree to the default space.
> 4. I stop my application server and restart.
> 5. I get a new session into the preview workspace
> 6. I try to delete topNodeA in the preview workspace and then I get the
> above error.

I don't know much about the clone/merge implementation in Jackrabbit
and therefore have no idea what might be the reason for this problem,
but nevertheless it very much looks like a bug to me. Getting a fresh
new session and then deleting a node from it (5 and 6) without any
other concurrent changes should not produce an InvalidItemStateEx in
any case. Could you report a JIRA issue?

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek