jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Chris Schmidt <cschm...@prospricing.com>
Subject RE: Question on bundled persistence manager
Date Thu, 07 May 2009 18:28:21 GMT
  That's a solution.  I'll look into using JNDI to integrate with the new bundled persistence
manager.  Thanks!

  - Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Müller [mailto:thomas.mueller@day.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 7:47 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Question on bundled persistence manager

Hi,

Usually you don't need a connection pool because Jackrabbit uses a
single connection, and keeps it open. But you could use a DataSource,
see: http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/UsingJNDIDataSource

Regards,
Thomas

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 6:27 PM, Chris Schmidt <cschmidt@prospricing.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  We are currently using the older PersistenceManager structure for storing and retrieving
information in JackRabbit.  We would like to move to the bundled persistence manager but I
have a question on how best to integrate.  The old persistence manager had a hook to provide
a Connection object.  We have an internally managed connection pool that we use to provide
the Connection to the persistence managers.  That doesn't appear to be possible with the bundled
manager.  Besides modifying the code to add a way to provide a connection, is there a recommended
approach?