jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: MySQL external blobs - store large video files
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 09:31:21 GMT
Hi,

As far as I know, this is a limitation of MySQL:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=10859
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?10,258333,260405#msg-260405

It looks like you can only fix part of this MySQL problem (the reading
part, but not the writing part). That means
up to now, you can not stream very large binaries from the MySQL
client to the MySQL server; you can only stream very large binaries
from the MySQL server to the MySQL client.

I'm afraid there is not much we can do in Jackrabbit, except document
this problem - I have updated the wiki at
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore . Well, there would be one
solution: creating a new data store that stores data in blocks (of
let's say 1 MB), but that would be quite a lot of work.

Regards,
Thomas