jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alfie Kirkpatrick" <Alfie.Kirkpatr...@ioko.com>
Subject Observation before node delete
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 10:25:03 GMT
Hi, am wondering if it's possible to hook into change events <before>
they get persisted? In particular we want to access information about a
node before it is deleted, for example its node type or property values.
In some scenarios we may even want to prevent a delete operation if
certain criteria about the node are met/not met, for example by throwing
an exception in the event handler.

The observation API only gives a path and, in Jackrabbit's
implementation, even using a SynchronousEventListener the node is gone
by the time the delete event gets fired. Are there any other hooks
available/feasible?

An alternative solution might be to somehow get access to the session's
change list before calling save, and then access the deleted node in
another session. But there is no obvious place to get this information
outside the observation framework.

Is anyone else interested in this problem?

Many thanks!

Alfie.