jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Pedro Alondra <pedro.alon...@yahoo.es>
Subject Re: multiple clients vs jackrabbit repository
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 09:34:20 GMT

Alexander Klimetschek wrote:

> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 5:25 AM, Pedro Alondra <pedro.alondra@yahoo.es> wrote:
>> It seems there is a problem seeing all the workspaces created by command line
>> tool from within the web application (and vice versa).
>
> You can normally only see (= list) all workspaces
> (session.getWorkspace().getAccessibleWorkspaceNames()) if you are
> logged in as an "admin" user.

In command line tool (that uses JDBC-based repository.xml) I can see only the workspaces created
by itself,
I cannot see any workspaces that were created by webapp client (that uses JNDI-based repository.xml).

It seems that workspaces information is kept in repository directory, and if both clients
don't share one directory, then they cannot see eachothers workspaces. If I define
one shared repository directory, then workspace.xml is going to contain JNDI/JDBC configuration,
that becomes irrelevant for one of the actors (JNDI vs JDBC).

So, the question is, how is it possible to have two clients using different ways of accessing
the same database storage and that they'll be able to see eachother workspaces?

Regards,
Pedro