jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kristian Rink <kaw...@zimmer428.net>
Subject Re: references best-practises?
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 13:12:11 GMT
Hi Julian, *;

and, first off, thank you very much for your input on that...

Julian Reschke schrieb:
> Actually, from a Unix system point of view, I think that *hard* links
> should come to mind first.

Well... actually, not from my point of view. :) In our environment, I
definitely would want users to "see" items are just "links" to other items
living somewhere in the system - I assume this would drastically reduce the
amount of questions and complaints regarding "duplicate" pieces of
information stored in different parts of the structure.

> The equivalent of them have been introduced in JCR 2.0 as "shareable
> nodes", so you can experiment with them in Jackrabbit trunk already.

I will have a look at the code nevertheless, thanks very much for the
pointer. :)

Cheers,
Kristian

--