jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kristian Rink <kaw...@zimmer428.net>
Subject Re: references best-practises?
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 11:29:43 GMT
Hi Alex;

and first off, thanks a bunch for your feedback on this.

Alexander Klimetschek schrieb:
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 1:32 AM, Kristian Rink <kawazu@zimmer428.net> wrote:
>> (b) Use some "reference property" in order to, in a node, keep some UUID or
>> path or whatever telling where to find the actual content.
>
> I'd use a (single or multivalue) string property containing the path
> of the reference target. Albeit this requires some extra application
> code (especially when the targets are deleted, can be done with
> observation), it is the most flexible and transparent approach (paths
> are more descriptive than UUIDs and self-made ids need additional
> interpretion by application code).

Yes, I thought so as well, especially talking about the "descriptive" part
of the story.  However, that way I lose the idea of "dereferencing" links
when using XML export (at least without re-implementing XML export itself
manually, that is), am I right?

Cheers,
Kristian

--