jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From daveg0 <bagel10002...@googlemail.com>
Subject MySQL external blobs - store large video files
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 08:57:53 GMT

Hi,

We are building a multi-media repository which will include some fairly
large videos. We have tried storing the blobs internally in MySQL, but are
running across issues (max_packet_size, connections failing randomly etc).,
so we thought we'd try external blobs, but I can't seem to get it to work.

My repository.xml file is included below. Have I done something wrong as it
still seems to be storing blobs in the database and I get the error message
below (which seems to indicate it is still trying to store the blobs in the
db)

ERROR ConnectionRecoveryManager : could not execute statement, reason:
Packet for query is too large (38117830 > 16777216). You can change this
value on the server by setting the max_allowed_packet' variable.,
state/code: S1000/0

repository.xml--->

<!DOCTYPE Repository PUBLIC "-//The Apache Software Foundation//DTD
Jackrabbit 1.2//EN"

"http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dtd/repository-1.2.dtd">
<Repository>

    <!--
        virtual file system where the repository stores global state
        (e.g. registered namespaces, custom node types, etc.)
    -->
    <DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.db.DbDataStore">

<!-- Not required in 1.5

-->

    </DataStore>

    <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

    </FileSystem>

    <!--
        security configuration
    -->
    <Security appName="Jackrabbit">
        <SecurityManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.DefaultSecurityManager"
workspace="security"></SecurityManager>

        <!--
            access manager:
            class: FQN of class implementing the AccessManager interface
        -->
       <AccessManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.DefaultAccessManager">
            <!--  -->
        </AccessManager>

        <LoginModule
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.authentication.DefaultLoginModule">
           <!-- anonymous user name ('anonymous' is the default value) -->

           <!--
              default user name to be used instead of the anonymous user
              when no login credentials are provided (unset by default)
           -->

           <!-- optional 'principalProvider' -->
           <!-- -->
        </LoginModule>

</Security>

    <!--
        location of workspaces root directory and name of default workspace
    -->
    <Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces"
defaultWorkspace="default"/>
    <!--
        workspace configuration template:
        used to create the initial workspace if there's no workspace yet
    -->
    <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
        <!--
            virtual file system of the workspace:
            class: FQN of class implementing the FileSystem interface
        -->
        <FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

        </FileSystem>

        <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MySqlPersistenceManager"

        </PersistenceManager>

        <ISMLocking
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.FineGrainedISMLocking" />

        <SearchIndex

        </SearchIndex>
    </Workspace>

    <!--
        Configures the versioning
    -->
    <Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/version">
        <!--
            Configures the filesystem to use for versioning for the
respective
            persistence manager
        -->
        <FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

        </FileSystem>

        <!--
            Configures the perisistence manager to be used for persisting
version state.
            Please note that the current versioning implementation is based
on
            a 'normal' persistence manager, but this could change in future
            implementations.
        -->
        <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MySqlPersistenceManager"

        </PersistenceManager>

        <ISMLocking
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.FineGrainedISMLocking">
        </ISMLocking>
    </Versioning>

   <SearchIndex class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex">

    </SearchIndex>

</Repository>