jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From astra123 <sandhya.jayachand...@tcs.com>
Subject Re: getting exception while trying to register repository with jndi
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 08:39:53 GMT

Hi,

Even after changing the code using lookup...getting same error as before.

            Context environment = (Context) ctx.lookup("java:comp/env");
            Repository r = (Repository)
environment.lookup("jcr/repository");
            SimpleCredentials cred = new SimpleCredentials("userid",

"".toCharArray());

            Session session = r.login(cred, null);
            Workspace ws = session.getWorkspace();
            Node rn = session.getRootNode();

            //print the root node name

            System.out.println("Name of the
RootNode"+rn.getPrimaryNodeType().getName());

getting error like

javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in
environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an
application resource file:  java.naming.factory.initial
        at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:645)
        at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:288)
        at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getURLOrDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:325)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
        at NewClass1.main(NewClass1.java:53)

In web.xml also i have added the tag as given in the

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jcr-client-application-howto.html link

What else i need to change to access the repository via jndi.
Please help us to resolve.

Thanks.