jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Marian Schedenig (qs)" <Marian.Schede...@qualysoft.com>
Subject Re: WedDAV Copy method on versioned resources
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 16:18:19 GMT

Julian Reschke wrote:

> As a matter of fact, demonstrating the
> problem (with an attempt to workaround on top of the JCR API) may be
> useful in clarifying the spec :-)

I've been trying to reproduce the problem in minimal demo program through
the JCR API (earlier I had only been using DAV), but without success. In
fact, I can't seem to get Workspace#copy() to work at all.

I have these source and destination paths:

String src = version.getNodes().nextNode().getPath();
String dest = node.getPath();

Where "version" is the version node I want to restore (the only child node
being the "frozen" node containing my versioned data, this is what I'm
getting the path of) and "node" being the versioned node I want to overwrite
with the contents from the old version.

But after

		session.getWorkspace().copy(src, dest);

the contents of "node" are unchanged. Refreshing the session doesn't help.

I'm probably making a very obvious mistake, but I just can't figure out
where.

Thx,
Marian.

PS: I realise that the JCR API provides a dedicated method for restoring old
versions, but to my knowledge, no DAV equivalent exists which would (or
could) be mapped to it.