jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Stuart Bingë <stuart.bi...@complinet.com>
Subject Re: stupid jndi question
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 16:17:50 GMT
On Friday 08 May 2009 17:08:23 bgiles wrote:
> I have set up RMI on my dev server and know it's a good URL
> (http://10.10.6.12:8080/rmi) since I can connect with
> URLRemoteRepository from within my app.
>
> But when I try to connect using ClientRepositoryFactory via JNDI I get
> an Malformed URL exception (message: InvalidURLScheme).  Ditto if I
> create the factory explicitly and use its getRepository(url) method.

I'm not sure if this is the problem you're experiencing but we've recently had
something similar:

It appears URLRemoteRepositoryFactory (and hence URLRemoteRepository) is used
when accessing Jackrabbit over HTTP-RMI (i.e. your URI above,
http://10.10.6.12:8080/rmi) whereas ClientRepositoryFactory (and hence
ClientRepository) is used when accessing Jackrabbit over standard JVM-RMI,
i.e. your URI would instead look something like rmi://10.10.6.12:1099/my_repo

We've also been using URLRemoteRepositoryFactory and have recently switched to
ClientRepositoryFactory as an example; when we did so we had to enable
Jackrabbit's JVM-RMI interface in order to communicate with the server over
this protocol.

> I'm stumped since the fact that I can connect with URLRemoteRepository
> means that all of the necessary bits are in place.  It's not a class
> loader issue since all of the jcr and jackrabbit libraries are in
> tomcat's 'common' directory, not the webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Bear

HTH,
--
Stuart Bingë

“Complinet Ltd is registered in England. Registered office at Vintners Place, 68 Upper Thames
Street, London EC4V 3BJ. Company number 3170722. VAT No. 749 324 021.
Complinet Inc is a corporation registered in Delaware, USA.”