jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Best practice for modelling internationalized strings with JCR
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 12:27:25 GMT
Hi all,

I'm searching around for the best way of modelling multi-language strings in
JCR with Jackrabbit.

Thus far most searches yield
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jackrabbit-users/200703.mbox/%3C200
70302211945.F0F03435C@mail.globant.com%3E and reference to the JSR-283 spec
which I note no longer includes nt:naturalText. Mix:lang is still there.

Initially we were things to use:

 MyStringBundle/

               [lang-code]/string

e.g.

Hello/

"en"/Hello

"fr"/Bonjour

Jsr-283 and mix:lang promotes using an attribute to differentiate the nodes.
Presumably this makes it easier for search where you're only interested in
strings of a particular language. Note that we want the parent node to own
the different language versions in our world.

All suggestions welcome.

Regards,

Shaun